A Soulful Momma's Pregnancy Journal
A soulfully honest, humorous and insightful glimpse at the author's journey to becoming a mummy.
Alice Grist wrote her first two soul-inspiring books and found herself asking, 'so I'm spiritual...what next?' That question is now answered. It seems, that what is next, is she is pregnant. Indeed she and her husband have nine months to embrace a transformation more powerful than any spiritual awakening she ever dreamed of! Whilst simultaneously straddling real life, coping with attacks of hormones and finding a path forward as parents after a decade of doing what they please! Alice reveals the tricks and trials of a soulful pregnancy, whilst also admitting to and fully illustrating the all-too-human moments that can befall any momma to be. Whilst bridging the very human and the super soulful Alice takes on her pregnancy with gusto, blazing an inspirational, hilarious and emotional trail.
REVIEWS & ENDORSEMENTS
- Written in a personable and instantly engaging way one minute you find yourself smiling, nodding your head in agreement and the next weeping at the sheer beauty of the heartfelt letters Alice writes to her unborn child. Simply the most divine pregnancy book you will ever read.
Charlie Plunkett author of The True Diary of a Mum-to be and Baby’s First Year
www.charlieplunkett.co.uk ~ Charlie Plunkett, author of The True Diary of a Mum-to be and Baby’s First Year www.charlieplunkett.co.uk
- Poppyseed is a refreshing combination of being light hearted, informative, honest and deep. It touched my heart immediately, and is a must for anyone who is pregnant or thinking of having children. Bonding begins in the womb and this book is a wonderful example of how to welcome and connect lovingly to your baby from the earliest moments. I encourage all parents to follow in Alice’s footsteps and write a pregnancy diary, liberally interspersed with love letters to their own ‘poppyseed’. ~ Kitty Hagenbach, Parent/child psychotherapist – Co founder of Babies Know. (www.babiesknow.com)
- As a man I find the story insightful and very moving on occasions. I love the depth of honesty and attention to detail which is both fascinating and also makes me squirm. I especially enjoyed the transformations that occurred as the birth draws nearer and nearer, and how the birth took so much longer than expected. The soulful mother has to trust her daughter to emerge when she needs and wants to, not when the doctors told her it might happen.
Nick Clements Author of The New Ages of Men and Alpha Wolf ~ Nick Clements, Author of The New Ages of Men and Alpha Wolf
- 'Any woman who wishes to have soulful pregnancy and birth cannot afford to be without this book! Written with honesty, humor; every emotion and physical symptom rings true in a way I haven't read before in a pregnancy book. Intrinsically, this is book about balance. Balance between the physical and spiritual, the needs of the mum and the baby, the alternative and the medical. It shows that in all ways all of these can be in harmony, if approached in a soulful and mindful way.
I laughed out loud, I worried with her and I supported her through her birth even though I knew that her baby had been born. This shows how caught up I was in this wonderful book!’
Colette Brown author of Menopause A Natural and Spiritual Journey ~ Colette Brown, author of Menopause A Natural and Spiritual Journey
- Dear Poppyseed is a poignant account of pregnancy which manages to be both grounded and spiritual. Reading it evoked so many memories of my own three pregnancies and made me long to feel those precious first days of knowing and glowing once more. Alice successfully captures the universal emotions of motherhood through this intimate diary ~ Lucy Pearce,, author Moods of Motherhood and Moon Time:a guide to celebrating your menstrual cycle. Contributing editor JUNO magazine.
- Writing this through tears! I feel as though I have just given birth, without the grunting.
What an amazing book this is. Written in an honest way that shares the happiness, funniness and anxiety of the whole 'growing a baby' process. Describing it as an emotional roller coaster doesn't come close. My advice: if you're pregnant, want to be, have/haven't been, or any combination of nature that may or may not involve having a baby, read this book.
You'll be sharing the experience with Alice, James, the bunnies and the cats. Dear Poppyseed, I love you x ~ Barbara Ford Hammond, http://www.barbaraford-hammond.com/
- Many books have been written on impending motherhood, but none truly 'get' how a mother to be feels in preparation for bringing baby into the world. All the fears, the excitement, the preparation for birth itself, is covered here - This book is simply wonderful, you will feel like Alice is holding your hand whilst you go through the journey yourself. And, perhaps it will inspire you to write something similar for your own child - a true gift, for both of you! ~ Anna Rodgers, Miss Eco Glam
- Dear Poppyseed is the personal journey of a mother during pregnancy. It's an honest account of her vulnerabilities, hopes, insecurities, dreams and visions as a mother-to-be.
Alice Grist's pregnancy journal reminds us all that parenting is a rich world with so much potential for growth, even before the baby arrives in our arms. Mothers around the world will feel united at the common threads we share on this path of pregnancy. Mother and child will look back upon this journal and see it as an integral part of their lives; a record of possibility scribed from the open heart of a beautiful and inspired mother. By sharing this intimate book, other parents will feel supported and inspired during their pregnancies. ~ Veronika Sophia Robinson, Author and Founder / Editor of The Mother Magazine